At Booking.com the development work is done in-house. We have highly skilled Developers, Database Administrators, Unix Administrators, Web Designers, and Network Engineers working together to make our site user-friendly, responsive and commercially driven.
We value people over process and hire highly skilled individuals to give them freedom and responsibility. IT members work directly with the business to prioritize initiatives and respond quickly to changes in the environment.
As a Front End Developer, you will be building the user interfaces of the Booking.com website. You will work in a small team with designers and other developers to implement features which our users interact with directly.
The successful candidate will have an excellent eye for detail and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. We are looking for proactive people who offer ideas to improve the website and challenge priorities based on the impact on the user. We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive millions of visitors each day; therefore we quickly know which experiments work and which don’t.
- Continuously look for ways to improve Booking.com and implementing A/B tests
- Day to day maintenance of the Booking.com website and optimizing code for the best user experience
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience with templating systems such as JQuery
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in a commercial environment; pragmatic, down to earth approach
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Empathy for the end user
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- 3+ years of experience building websites and applications
- Ability to speak English fluently
Work at Booking
There are many benefits in joining the Booking.com team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus plan, 26 days of annual leave, commuting reimbursement, a pension scheme, travel perks through Booking.com, and training opportunities. In addition, we offer relocation packages and work sponsorship for worldwide candidates to join our growing IT team in Amsterdam!
You are you, We are Booking!
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must submit a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.